What Is Advanced Polyurethane Technology?
APT stands for Advanced Polyurethane Technology, WellnessMats® revolutionary and proprietary engineered material system. It is the key to our comfort, performance, and longevity. It is also the key to why we are the leading anti-fatigue mat on the market today.
While our mission is to provide comfort and relief, to give your feet, knees, and back a rest – we never rest ourselves. We are constantly creating both technological and design innovations. As part of our commitment, WellnessMats continues to improve our revolutionary APT mat technology. Just recently we fine-tuned our formulation to enable our high performing mat surface to be cleaned even easier. After hearing from our customers, our mats now feature a low luster sheen that makes WellnessMats even more attractive.
It is our APT that allows our thick elastomeric and resilient core (what make our anti-fatigue mats so comfy and so different) to permanently bond with our thin abrasion/stain/microbial resistant outer layer because both are made from the same cross-linked polyurethane molecules. The molecules bond (permanently) using a process called thermosetting. What APT means for you is that the comfort and longevity of our mats are permanently locked into every fiber; they will never de-laminate or curl at the edges. They will remain as buoyant and resilient on day 2,555 as they were on day 1. And thus, this is why we are so confident in our mats, that we offer a comprehensive 7-year performance warranty.
The core of APT is polyurethane – the premium standard for anti-fatigue mats. Yes, it is more expensive than other commonly used materials, but it provides exceptional value over time. Thus, giving WellnessMats an extended life cycle making them environmentally friendly, since the need to dispose and/or replace is infrequent. Unlike mats – such as foam mats or gel mats, WellnessMats are resistant to almost everything and do not lose their ‘bounce’ over time. Many of our competitors’ products wear through or lose their bounce within the first year of use. Many others curl and delaminate. Not ours. There are thousands of materials and solutions on the market today, but only one has been engineered with special physical properties for your permanent comfort. That is the value of our engineered APT system. And lastly we are proud to say we are 100% Made in the USA. Our material, our design, our manufacturing is all right here in the USA!
Years of advanced material engineering have gone into making WellnessMats. The technology associated with our APT formulation equals comfort, engineering, and value – to provide you, our customers with the ultimate in comfort and well-being.
Our APT and revolutionary design guarantees the following:
- Exceptional comfort - standing is believing®
- Always lies flat - gradually tapered edges reducing trip hazards (due to design & cross-link technology)
- Anti-microbial - by design…inherent in our material formulation
- Permanent shock absorption and recovery (consistent ‘bounce-back’ every time)
- Abrasion, slip and wear resistance (mat travel is reduced and will not show wear and tear)
- Stain and chemical resistance
- Enhanced material stability in wet areas
- Contain no plasticizers, and will not leach over time (no noxious smells or bad chemicals)
- UV stability for brighter areas of your home
- Flame resistant up to 400(f) degrees
- Puncture and tear resistance
- ‘Extended life-cycle’ guarantee – keeping the material out of the landfills and are 100% recyclable.
- Our APT allows us to offer the industry’s most comprehensive performance warranty - 7 years!